Baylands is opportunity knocking – a sustainable community of next-gen offices, R&D labs, distinctive housing, local eateries, charming retailers, flourishing natural habitats, miles of biking trails and a network of preserved open spaces.
PLAN OBJECTIVES / BENEFITS
- New grocery and pharmacy
- Dedicated land for local high school
- 300+ acres of restored and enhanced habitats
- 20,000+ new jobs: 5,000 long-term construction and 15,000 permanent
- 2,200 housing units address regional shortage
- 7,000,000 sq ft of commercial space, including R&D labs and innovation hubs
- 100% LEED-rated buildings
- Powered by renewable energy
- Innovative storm water management
Explore all of the ways Baylands benefits the neighborhood, region and planet.
- TECHNOLOGY HUB
- REGENERATING NATURAL HABITATS
- RESTAURANTS & RETAIL
- WALKABLE NEIGHBORHOODS
- CENTER FOR INNOVATION
- ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
- PARKS AND OPEN SPACE
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SCIENCE AND SUSTAINABILITY OF THE PLAN, READ UNBIASED REVIEWS AND REPORTS.
- Specific Plan: Executive Summary
- DEIR: Project Description
- Draft Environmental Impact Report