Nature flourishes at Baylands. People, too. Here, you can stroll through hundreds of acres of restored natural habitats at dawn or pedal along miles of new trails at dusk. With more than one-third of Baylands set aside for parks, wetlands, gardens, a wildlife refuge and sprawling protected open space, opportunities for relaxation and recreation are everywhere.
- Preserves, restores and enhances natural habitats, including Visitacion Creek
- Creates Lagoon Park with boardwalks, picnic tables and viewing platforms
- Forges miles of public trails and pathways
- Builds ecological staircase from Bay to San Bruno Mountain
- Expands open space network
- Extends Bay Trail through site
- Establishes educational outdoor interpretative lab focused on Baylands and restoration ecology